Monday, February 12, 2018

Day 52: Mastering the Basics in Education



I attend classes with a teacher, usually I don't make sure I know well the last lesson that we take so we advance with me not knowing well the last lesson and so I don't understand anything well - lol.

Today my teacher was ill so instead of advancing the lesson I repeated the last one and I mastered it, I understood well the material so now I am ready to continue with the next lesson. It is very basic what I am saying, mastering anything before continuing with more material but sometimes I forget and then nothing works out.

The solution is to master the lessons as I go so I can accumulate to a greater result of for instance passing a subject instead of accumulating misunderstanding that doesn't add up.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to advance the lessons I attend without mastering what I did.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to make sure I understand the material before continuing with a lesson.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to set myself for failure by not making sure I understand the material before continuing with a lesson.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to set myself for success by practicing the lesson until I master it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that by merely attending classes with a teacher I will attain something, not seeing/realizing and understanding that I have to master the basics, master what is being taught before I can progress.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to waste resources - time and money - by not making sure I know the lessons before progressing to new lessons.

Whenever I see that I don't understand something, I stop and I breathe, I realize, see and understand that I have to practice what I don't understand until I master it, so I build the brick son the wall of knowledge to be able to progress understanding the material.

I commit myself to make sure I understand what is being taught in classes so I can progress.

I commit myself to use the resources I have available to the utmost degree by making sure I understand the lessons, I master the lessons before continuing with new material.

I commit myself to not take on new lessons until I master the previous ones, be it in my studies or anything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment